- Chaos Player is a professional image sequence player designed for fast and smooth playback — and more.
Chaos Player is a professional image sequence player designed for fast and smooth playback of high-resolution image sequences. It supports all industry-standard formats. With its smart and efficient caching system, Chaos Player helps users fast-forward their digital review workflow by allowing them to view their own or their team’s animation output in playback as soon as it’s rendered. Chaos Player is powered up for basic compositing, color grading, and editing in real-time — even while playback is running. It also offers tools for broadcasting and remote collaboration.
What it’s used for
Chaos Player can be used across a number of different industries producing animation output. Here are the main ones:
- Visual effects in film & television
- Automotive and product design
- Motion graphics
- Architectural visualization
Chaos Player user personas
The 3D artist
Any 3D artist who is involved in the creation of rendered animation output.
▪ Needs to review their own work
▪ Shares their work internally with their team, other teams in the organization, or their supervisor/manager
Any supervisor or manager who is involved in reviewing rendered animation output. This might include VFX/CG
supervisors, VFX editors, technical directors, assistant directors, production coordinators/managers, etc.
▪ Needs to review artists’ work
▪ Provides feedback on reviewed work
▪ Shares the reviewed work internally with their team or other teams in the organization
▪ Shares a preview with the client
The tech-check professional
Any professional whose responsibilities include inspecting files for technical issues in the final stages before
the project delivery.
▪ Needs to review files before they are processed by artists/compositors
▪ Compares shots using A/B wipes
The marketing team member
Internal marketing team members who have requested an animation from the 3D team, which they will be
using for the purposes of their campaigns.
▪ Needs to review sequences shared by the 3D team
▪ Might also need to quickly arrange shots, cut sequences, or add animated fade effects
Key benefits for users
Speed. Designed for fast, smooth playback of highresolution image sequences.
Smart. Newly rendered and updated frames are loaded instantly thanks to Chaos Player’s smart and efficient caching system.
Remote work. Broadcast and collaborate with your teams with intuitive markup and annotation tools.
Power. Create multi-layered compositions, playback and make changes in real-time.
Control. Composite, color grade and edit layers while playback is running.
Professional quality. Work seamlessly in high dynamic range and output to all industry standard formats.